Thursday, March 17, 2011

And were off!!!!

So as I promised I am going to commit time to keep you all up to date on the daily/weekly happenings around my territory.  Today the sun is shining and the ground is soaking up the moisture.  Wheat top dress is almost ready to begin, just waiting on the ground to cooperate.  As we begin to look at the wheat to determine staging and tiller growth we must take into consideration our goals for fields as far as yield, end use and productivity.  Today I still believe we should be placing our first shot of N down and begin plans for a second in crop application for maximum crop production.  If there were ever a year in which you wanted to evaluate fungicides, this is the year.  Commodity prices are good, and potential for disease and insect pressure could be there.  As I begin walking wheat fields over the weekend I will keep you up to date on my findings.
Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment