Friday, April 23, 2010

Back to blogging!

As I set in my truck and think about all that has been accomplished over the last 21 days, I tip my hat to an incredible employees, growers and staff in my local area. With lack of sleep and tempers a roaring everyonr has made it to this weekend healthy. I thought I might have more time to blog on events through the initial planting season, unfortunately time has flown by and we are 80-90 percent planted on corn and a few beans have made it into the ground.
So, I am going to touch on some things I have seen happen and what is yet to come!
Temperatures have been cooler, which has slowed down winter annual growth. Don't be fooled they will take off with a vengeance. Marestail has been slow to rear its head, but again they too will come. E-99 is still a great choice in your burndown for soybeans @ .67 pint per acre, with a 7 day wait. As we get closer to planting sharpen at a one ouncr rate with a tank mix partner pa Extreme will help the best in no-till fields that you can't wait the required time. I see a big fit for this program was we get closer. Call me for exact details.
Wheat should he sprayed by now for winter annual and garlic. As we get closer to flag leaf application of a fungicide may be a wise investment if you have not already treated with headline early.
First cutting of hay is right around the corner. Weevil at this point are not a economic problem un the area. Remember fertilizer application needs for your hay crop are very beneficial if split once after first cutting and tgr remainder applied after last cutting. For those of you interested in the benefits of micro-nuirients in alfalfa, doliar feeding is one of the best ways to get the most efficient use of micros . Max-N-alfalfa is the product of choice. Personal on farm trials have shown faster regrowth than those that have not been treated.

No comments:

Post a Comment